Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Time moves slowly today.The onset of evening.4pm.Traversing through my silent soundscape.
Listening to the last set,Brody in The Pianist.Passing thought.It would be fun casting Mr.Brody.I'd go mad with detail and movement,silence and speech,breathing,stillness.Someday!

For now,reaching back into the silence of sound.Taking off from a thesis I wrote a year back,I had a mad urge to dig it back into form.It was already looming over my head,a dark cloud in the wee hours of the morning, I slept fitfully.

The past weeks have gone by listening to a load of music.Too much information meted out.All I could do was to ween out singular sounds.The only way I could make sense of my listening.Pull out,listen,put back,take the whole.No structures.Dwindling shapes.

And so I found Andreas Bick who was pouring out my thoughts in his space.I sat wallowing on the side.Then I dove in.
Bick,composer and sound artist based in Berlin, writes about sound related things in general.He puts it out there interestingly,says, silent listening is about the fringes of music, the periphery where music turns into sheer sound- concrete, wild, sometimes stunning.Am in that silent space,the periphery.
Am coming back with more..

No comments: